Performs a variety of accounting duties directly related to fiscal department activities. These activities include: oversight of all activities of the Financial Clerk, assist the Development Director in proper accounting procedures of monies raised, maintain a professional finance office for Catholic Central High School.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversight of all accounting and fiscal operations of Catholic Central High School and Bishop John King Mussio Junior High School.
• Perform weekly review of accounting software entries, expenses and revenues with the school financial clerk.
• Write and implement financial and accounting policies to ensure proper financial reporting of all matters concerning Catholic Central High School and Bishop John King Mussio Junior High School.
• Implement internal controls and cash handling policies for safe keeping of school funds.
• Assist the principal, CCHS LEAC, and pastors in development of a capital improvement plan and forecast costs and funding for such plans.
• Develop and oversee preparation of reports for the finance committee in regards monthly expenses and revenues.
• Develop and oversee preparation of cash forecasts and budgets to be presented to the finance committee.
• Review all expenses on a yearly basis to evaluate contracts and fees in order to better spend school funds.
• Participate in the Finance Council and Pastors meetings.
• Assist the principal in maintaining pay scales for contracts with teachers and staff members.
• Develop and oversee the benefits offered to all personnel, (e.i. health insurance).
• Oversight of school payroll, pay contracts, and all applicable taxes and reporting in association with payroll.
• File monthly report with the Finance Office of the Diocese of Steubenville according to their standards.
Skills and Competencies:
• Work with little or no supervision – must be self- starting and continually exploring opportunities for improved financial reporting, money saving options or investment opportunities.
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong communication skills.
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
• Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles.
• Knowledge of all relevant payroll and IRS regulations and filing requirements and experience running bi-weekly payroll.
Education and Experience:
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proficient with QuickBooks Accounting.
• BA in Accounting or bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience is recommended.
• Must understand, support and embrace the mission of The Diocese of Steubenville and Catholic Central High School.
Work Place Factors:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. The position requires mobility. Minimum physical exertion. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 5 pounds on a regular basis and may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity and coordination are required less than 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment. Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work area is typical of most office environments.
Pastoral Administrator, secondarily.
FLSA Status: Part-time
Hours: Approximately 10 hours per week.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the growing needs of Catholic Central High School.
Resume should be submited to:
Mr. Richard Wilinski
320 West View
Steubenville, Ohio 43952
Fr. Thomas R. Nau
P. O. Box 908
Steubenville, Ohio 43952
We are requesting all resumes be submitted by June 19, 2017, 9:00 a.m.