Performs a variety of accounting duties directly related to fiscal department activities. These activities include: filing, record keeping, classify, process A/P, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Records day to day financial transactions and completes the posting process.
• Preforms general office duties such as filing, answering the telephone, and handling routine correspondence.
• Record and maintain the billing, recording, and collection of tuition.
• Maintain accurate family account balances.
• Communicate to families tuition amounts, scholarships, and tuition assistance programs
• Research, track, and resolve accounting problems.
• Issue, prepare, and mail checks for accounts payable.
• Tally and deposit daily revenues.
• Input invoices, deposits, and payments.
• Prepare and process payroll.
• Comply with relevant reporting requirements.
• Calculate and prepare tax payments.
• Reconcile and balance all accounts.
• Draw up financial statements (trial balance, income statement, balance sheet).
• Collate and analyze account data and generate financial reports.
• Maintain internal control systems.
• Assist with budget preparation.
• Assist with audits and internal or external reviews.
• Maintain complete filing system to support financial records.
• Maintain vendor files.
• Acts as a liaison with vendors.
Skills and Competencies:
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong communication skills.
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
• Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent, Associates degree preferred.
• Hands on experience with QuickBooks accounting software is preferred.
• Must understand, support and embrace the mission of The Diocese of Steubenville and Catholic Central High School
Work Place Factors:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. The position requires mobility and minimum physical exertion. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 5 pounds on a regular basis and may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity and coordination are required less than 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment. Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work area is typical of most office environments.
Reports to: Financial Administrator
FLSA Status: Part-time___________
Hours: 7:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.__________
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the growing needs of Catholic Central High School.
Resume should be submitted to:
Mr. Richard Wilinski
320 West View
Steubenville, Ohio 43952
Fr. Thomas R. Nau
P. O. Box 908
Steubenville, Ohio 43952
We are requesting all resumes be submitted by June 19, 2017, 9:00 a.m.