Our program is both age specific and tailored to the individual needs of every child. Rooted in faith and guided by the traditions of the Catholic Church, Bishop John King Mussio Central Elementary strives to provide an inclusive, Christ centered environment where all students are nurtured spiritually, intellectually, physically, and socially. Our 3 & 4-year-old preschool program is designed to give the children the skills and confidence needed to be successful in school and beyond, all while instilling a lifelong love of learning. The program focuses on individual expression and exploration in art, music, movement and literacy. Applicants must be 3 years of age by August 1st and potty trained.
- To develop positive self-image within each child
- To encourage social development as children, interact in both small and large group activities
- To foster creativity and caring through imaginative play, problem solving activities, music activities and art projects.
- Faith development is nurtured by modeling Catholic values
- Social skills, cooperation, manners and respect for others are incorporated into the classroom environment and expectations
- Physical coordination and control are developed through large and small motor activities
- Reading readiness and the related skills of learning, speaking and writing are integrated daily
- Mathematic readiness is nurtured through observation, discovery activities, concrete experience and playful creativity
- Field trips are planned to expand beyond the school walls
- Holidays, traditions and different cultures are taught and celebrated
All teachers are certified by the state of Ohio and meet all Diocesan requirements. This preschool is licensed by the state of Ohio.