Grounded in the Catholic Faith, rooted in tradition, and committed to academic excellence, we are a school community that inspires students to utilize their God-given talents for a life of Christian discipleship and service.
That though our rich heritage which is grounded in the Catholic Faith, our students are comfortable in knowing and expressing their faith,
That out students will develop strong morals and values that demonstrate our Catholic identity,
That our school functions as a family of God, with rich traditions, a common purpose, and striving to fulfill mission,
That our students utilize their God-given talents in service for others,
That our students are provided with many varied opportunities to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ,
That our curriculum s committed to academic excellence for all learners,
That our students are challenged in their educational growth by developing the academic gifts they possess for the challenges of living in the 21st Century,
That our teachers strive to recognize and address the diverse learning styles of our students with varied instructional strategies and assessments to meet individuals student needs,
That mentoring and shared decision-making is an intricate part of student, staff and community development,
That the school community encourages a willingness to learn, and openness to change, and an appreciation of new ideas in which students and teachers review, practice, revise and adjust their skills and goals.
Our Catholic Community seeks to pass on its heritage of Faith to our children. CCHS exists primarily to serve this mission.
This Tradition calls forth: A belief in the active presence of God which we celebrate in prayer and Liturgy; A maturity that accepts responsibility and recognizes limitations; A regard for the authority of the Church; An active concern for social justice, peace, and human rights, both personal communal; psychological growth and a personal sense of self-worth.
It is the responsibility of the entire staff to emulate these ideals and to ensure that they pervade the structure of school life. It is in service to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and our Christian ministry that we seek to promote spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth in a caring community environment. CCHS strives to be a resource and a guide to this lifelong task through a program of sound religious formation and excellence in education.
As an education institution, CCHS seeks primarily:
- To lead students to an awareness of the Lord Jesus Christ in their lives;
- To promote in the individual student those morally sound behaviors which promote success, such as effective study habits; use of available resources; and a desire to investigate beyond the basics;
- To foster academic excellence, inquiry, and development in the curriculum, as well as encouraging aesthetic, athletic, vocational, and parish/community programs;
- To support the democratic ideals of our nation by instilling the students a sense of Christian leadership and responsible political involvement;
- To respect and nurture an interdependent relationship between and among the school community and the parents, parishes, and communities from which CCHS draws life.